Get exclusive access to Roula Khalaf, Editor of the FT’s weekly newsletter by signing up for the Financial Times free schools program. This article is part of the program and includes discussion questions on various economic topics. Register now to read the full range of US High School economics picks and answer the following questions:
1. What are the IMF’s growth forecasts for the US, eurozone, and UK for 2024?
2. What are some reasons for the persistent economic divergence between the US and Europe?
3. How has the invasion of Ukraine by Russia impacted both regions economically?
4. What are some structural advantages of the US over Europe in industry and technology?
5. How accessible is finance in the US and how does it affect economic growth?
6. What are some demographic trends and labor market dynamics in both regions?
7. What fiscal challenges do these regions face that could threaten their economic growth?
8. Conduct research on historical rates of GDP per capita for the Euro Area and United States using World Bank data. Identify current GDP per capita for both regions, as well as growth rates between them from 2008 to present.
9. Explore the country in the Euro area with the lowest GDP per capita in 2022 and compare it to