The thirteenth edition of the ABC Salud awards will be presented this Thursday, November 23, at the Casa de ABC. This year’s recipients include a microbiologist, Francis J. Mojica, a scientist who has been a crucial figure in the development of genetic editing that is revolutionizing medicine. Also, there are advances in mental health, fetal surgery, and data management and clinical history of patients.
ABC Salud has had an exceptional jury, chaired by the former Minister of Health, Ana Pastor. The jurors include the director of the National Transplant Organization (ONT), the director of the Carlos III Health Institute, the president of the General Council of Official Medical Associations, the vice-rector of the Pontifical University of Comillas, and many others involved in the health care sector.
The 2023 winners include:
– A clinical history project in private healthcare that has improved patient outcomes and reduced hospital readmissions
– A pediatric transplantation project that has increased survival rates for children with organ failure
– A mental health awareness campaign that has helped to reduce stigma and improve access to care for those struggling with mental illnesses
– A hospital in Seville that helps babies with malformations through advanced surgical techniques
– An oncological hyper-early diagnosis and prevention unit that uses cutting-edge technology to detect cancer at an early stage when it is most treatable
– A foundation dedicated to improving the health conditions of vulnerable populations by providing access to medical care and promoting healthy lifestyles.